Monday, December 26, 2005

It's time to check in with Che-Wei and Emily, regular contributers to White Animal who may not even know that they are. Emily sent me this link for an online radio station called Resonance FM. Apparantly, this station has good streaming radio. I wouldn't know as I have no time to listen to streaming radio. She also sent me a link to Shak Har Boobis.com which is... oh, don't even bother.

Che-Wei presented me with the latest development in the heady, rarified world of absurd rediculous mash-up projects: Q-Unit. It's an album long pairing of Queen and, you guessed it, G-unit . It will make you stupid. We stayed with Che- Wei recently in Brooklyn and he burned me a copy of Glassbreaks (he had to pull the take the mp3s off his site but here's a Stream of it ) by DJ BC, which is an album of hip hop and drum and bass remixes of Phillip Glass music featuring Tribe, Beasties, Lil
Jon etc. BC is a czech DJ who is also behind the Beatles/Beastie Boys Mash-up project The Beastles . BC seems like an earnest, you may might even say quaint sample artist who probably spends millions of hours making his mixes. It probably takes up all his time between being assailed by beautiful blonde DJ groupies in Prague. Yikes.

Thanks again to Emily and Che-Wei, and if you would like to contribute to White Animal just send links and ideas to emersonbreneman@gmail.com and paypall me 21.99$ for processing fees.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

shak har boobis.. is just about the most bizarre/ hilarious thing i've read in a while. a bunch of my friends are now saying it.

englandismine said...

shak har boobis is/was my story. i still have the original letters somewhere. i had no idea it managed to spread all over the internet!