Saturday, January 21, 2006


Image hosting by Photobucket
The hunt for rare Argentine Beat/Pysch/Garage LPs is officially on as of todays visit to the San Telmo saturday market.  San Telmo is the oldest section of the city, hence it has the highest percentage of overpriced junk shops.  But the Saturday Market there is a good place to find old records, if not the cheapest.  I made a few scores, including an LP by these chiefs, The Gipsys.  The picture on mine is even funnier, the one guy looks like the kid from Rushmore doing a "stoned Argentine rocker" charcter in one of his plays.  I also got an record from Los Gatos, the mainstays of Argentine beat, plus some compilations from ALTA TENSION, the 60s TV Dance Show.  They appear to be mostly bubblegum, with a smattering of rock by bands like La Joven Guardia, Kano y Los Bulldogs (nothing to do with grime), and Los Iracundos and its all on rainbow colored vinyl!  The vendor also pretty much forced me to buy a mint copy of something called Los Naufragos, which he insisted was excellent.  I have no idea, as I have no record player here.  Anyway I got out of there having spent little more than 10 US so I guess I only got partially fleeced.  Next Im going to find out where the vendors get their records, then its on.

No comments: